NOTE: This information is applicable only for clients with the Forms+ product.
What is Conditional Logic and why would I add it to my forms?
Conditional Logic is a new feature available in SchoolCash Forms+ that lets you show or hide fields on the form based on the respondent’s answers.
Only showing relevant fields ensures that the form is easy to understand and is filled out accurately.
Below is an example of how to add conditional logic to your forms.
Please Note: Conditional Logic will be available if SchoolCash Forms+ is enabled. If you are a SchoolCash Forms user, conditional logic and other advanced features are not available. Please contact your Customer Success Manager to upgrade to SchoolCash Forms+.
How do I add Conditional Logic to my forms?
Conditional Logic can be added to a form by dragging a field from the Elements tab to the right or by selecting an existing field on the form. The Logic tab will appear on the left side of the screen by the Elements and Properties tabs.
While conditional logic can be applied to any field, rules of conditional logic can only be applied to the following field types:
- Drop-down Lists
- Radio Buttons
Any field that has logic applied to it will display the following Logic icon:
You can choose if the field will be shown or hidden based on
- If all the defined rules are met
- If any of the defined rules are met
The image below displays the type of logic that can be applied to each field type.
EXAMPLE: Spring Dance Fundraiser Form
In the example below, we have created a form for a Dance Fundraiser.
To build this form, we first created the following fields:
- Teacher First and Last Name (Element Type: Text)
- Student First and Last Name (Element Type: Text)
- Form of Payment (Element Type: Drop-down List)
- Amount (Element Type: Number)
- Signature (Element Type: Signature)
We want to add logic to the form. In this case we display the “Amount” field based on what the parent selects in the “Form of Payment” field.
To add this logic:
- Select the “Amount” field.
- Click on the Logic tab
- Click the Show option
- Click Any to display the “Amount” field.
- Select the logic rule “Is” and the Form of Payment “Cash”
To add more rules, click on “Add Another Rule” for each new rule you want to include. In this case we need to add two more – one for Check and one for Online.
If you want to remove a rule, click on the X in the top right corner of the rule.
For our example, we also want to make sure we have a signature when an amount over $10 has been entered in the “Amount” field.
To add this logic to the form:
- Select the “Signature” field.
- Click the Show option.
- Click the Any option.
- Select the logic rule “Greater than”
- Enter 10
Repeat this procedure for other fields that you want to apply conditional logic rules to.
- The conditional logic feature is only available to you if your district has the license for SchoolCash Forms+. (It is not available to districts who have subscribed to SchoolCash Forms.)
- You need to have the necessary permissions to create forms for your district.