TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Item Management Features
- View Items Window Features
- How do I create an Item for a Lost Textbook, when each textbook has a different cost?
- Step One
- Step Two
- Step Three
- How to Accept Payment for the Lost Item?
- What to do if the student finds the item?
- What to do if the item was mistakenly attached to the student?
Item Management Features
Item creation, when a cost will vary, is a two-step process. Item is created in SchoolCash Catalog and attached to required students and establish the cost!
SchoolCash Catalog Figure 1 – Catalog Home Page
View Items Window Features
SchoolCash Catalog Figure 2 – Button Display
SchoolCash Catalog Figure 3 – Catalog Home Page for District Staff
How do I create an Item for a Lost Textbook, when each textbook has a different cost?
Perfect feature to create only one item but allow the cost of the item to vary!
In some cases, it may be necessary to create an item that has a cost that varies. Such items could include:
- Lost textbooks (Each textbook has a different cost)
- Library fines (Cost of the fine depends on how many days the library book is overdue)
- Lanyard Replacements (Cost depends on the lanyard style)
- Student ID card (Cost depends when the card was lost)
- Special generic “$0.00” item
- Use SchoolCash Register, Add Additional Item feature to assign the item to selected student(s)
- Cost of item is determined during the Add Additional Item process
SchoolCash Catalog Figure 4 – Create a New Item Tab
Complete the Create a New Item form
SchoolCash Catalog – Create New Item Display
- Create the item
TIP: It is not necessary to add the school year, as that will happen automatically based on the Financials section, School Year selection.
- Add Category:
- Select Appropriate Category
- Enter amount as $0.00. Why? All lost textbooks have a different value.
- Enter an effective date range that matches the entire school year
- Limit per person = 1 and the item can NOT contact options and choices.
- Preview item, adjust if necessary
- Save item
NOTE: Zero value items cannot be attached through SchoolCash Catalog. Once item has been added to selected student account, it can be purchased using either SchoolCash Register, or SchoolCash Online.
Switch to SchoolCash Register
Main Menu, My School Store, SchoolCash Register, search for student that needs to be charged for the item, i.e. Lost Textbook
- Four ways to search for required student:
- Enter a portion or entire Student Last Name, First Name in this “wildcard” field, then choose Search button; OR,
- Enter entire Student ID field (uploaded from Student Information System), then choose Search button; OR,
- Enter a portion or entire Guardian Last Name, First Name in this “wildcard” field, then choose Search button;
For search options a, b & c:
- Found set of one, program will open Checkout entry screen;
- Found set displays two or more students;
- Select checkbox beside the required student,
- Click Select button.
d. However, entry in the above-mentioned fields is not necessary, select Search button to display ALL students in school
2. Select Add Additional Item
3. Click in Item Name field
4. Select Lost Textbook from drop-down list of available items
TIP: Active items will appear in “bold” type.
However, expired items, in “grey” type, may still be selected and attached for payment. An example of when to attach an expired item would be for a field trip where guardian has missed paying for it.
- Collect payment in a “face-to-face” transaction using SchoolCash Register; or,
- If the student is not going to pay for the item at the time the item is assigned, select a Payment Action of Outstanding from drop-down list
NOTE: This payment option allows for the item to be available for payment on SchoolCash Online
Item Display in SchoolCash Online
Item Display in SchoolCash Register
How to Accept Payment for the Lost Item?
Face-to-face payments can be accepted using SchoolCash Register.
Main Menu, My School Store, SchoolCash Register, search for student that needs to pay for the item, i.e. Lost Textbook
- Click in Payment Action field to the right of the item name, i.e. Lost Textbook
- In Checkout Area, select correct tender type, i.e. Cash
- Review popup dialog box information
- Select Confirm
What to do if the student finds the item?
If the student finds the item, use payment type “Void Fee” and record the date it was returned in the Comment field.
Main Menu, My School Store, SchoolCash Register, search for student who has found the item, i.e. Lost Textbook
- Select Item
- Select Void Fee in the Payment Action field.
- Enter date the textbook was returned in the Comment field
- Click Cash in Checkout Area, the system will connect Void Fee and Cash
What to do if the item was mistakenly attached to the student?
If the item is attached to the incorrect student, or the wrong item is attached to the student, use payment type “Delete Fee” and record the date it was deleted in the Comment field.
Main Menu, My School Store, SchoolCash Register, search for student who item was incorrectly attached to.
- Select Item
- Select Delete Fee in the Payment Action field.
- Enter explanation, i.e. incorrectly added, in the Comment field
- Click Cash in Checkout Area, the system will connect Delete Fee and Cash
KEV Client Success Video Resource