SchoolCash Forms+ Clients - How to Add a Variable Price to a Form
Modified on: Wed, 22 Nov, 2023 at 9:39 AM
NOTE: This information is only applicable for clients with the Forms+ product.
SchoolCash Forms+ is a great option to use for setting up a variable price/amount for purchase. A variable price can be added to a form within SchoolCash Forms+ using the Calculations & Pricing feature. The form can then be embedded within an item and made available for payment via SchoolCash Online.
An example where a variable price would be useful would be a fundraiser, where the parent/guardian can enter in the amount they would like to contribute to the fundraiser. The parent/guardian would enter in the amount they want to pay into the form and the value of the form elements that have price enabled will be added to the total amount due for the item in SchoolCash Online.
Please Note: Calculations & Pricing will be available if the feature add-on has been enabled. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
How do I add a variable price to my form?
To add a variable price to a form, you will need to use the Number element within the Forms module. Only Number elements can be enabled with pricing.
1. Within the Forms module, drag the Number element under the “Elements” section into your form.
2. To set the Numbers element as a price, toggle on ‘Price’ under Properties.
3. Update the element’s label from ‘Numbers’ to what the price will be for. The element’s label will be displayed in SchoolCash Online within the form. In this example, we are going to use “Fundraiser Amount”.
4. Number elements that have the ‘Price’ toggle on will display the price icon within the form builder on the right side:
5. Publish the form so that it is available to embed within an item/s in the SchoolCash Catalog or District Catalog.
Note: As mentioned, setting up a form element/s as a ‘Price’ means that the value of that element/s will be added to the total amount due for the item in SchoolCash Online.
How do I set up pricing in the SchoolCash Catalog?
To set up pricing in the SchoolCash Catalog so that the price calculated via the form is added to the item fee:
1. Go to the Extras section on the item page in the catalog.
2. Select the Published form from the dropdrown list to embed it within the item. In this example, we are creating a “Spring Dance Fundraiser” item and attaching the “Fundraiser” form.
3. Select the category name and other GL/chart of account information to add the form price to the item.
4. Continue with setting up the rest of the item with the relevant attachment/s and save.
How do I set up pricing in the District Catalog?
To set up pricing in the District Catalog (if this has been set up for your District) so that the price calculated via the form is added to the item fee:
1. In the ‘Content’ section, click on the ‘+’ next to ‘Form’ under the ‘Add to CONTENT’ pane on the left.
2. Select ‘Add Existing’ to add an already published form or choose ‘Create New’.
3. If you are adding an existing form, select a form to attach from the list of pre-existing forms. You can preview a form before adding it to the item.
4. In the ‘Financials’ section, select the category name and other GL/chart of account information to add the form price to the item.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.