How do I correct an incorrect check payment type?
In order to correct an incorrect payment type ensure the tender type is modified from check to cash.
From Main Menu > SchoolCash Register
- Search Student
- Select Modification tab
- Modify the tender from Check to Cash
- Select Refunds tab
- Refund the whole payment using Cash
- This will remove the check that is currently in the Close Out.
- Use Add Additional Item to attach the item again
- Transact the partial check payment
The amounts cancel each other out so it does not affect the categories.
There is no longer a check to be included in the deposit.
The Closeout is unbalanced because the actual cash amount was not entered in the 'Cash in Drawer' during the closeout.