How do I correct an incorrect check payment type?


In order to correct an incorrect payment type ensure the tender type is modified from check to cash.

From Main Menu > SchoolCash Register

  1. Search Student
  2. Select Modification tab
    • Modify the tender from Check to Cash 
  3. Select Refunds tab 
    • Refund the whole payment using Cash
    • This will remove the check that is currently in the Close Out. 
  4. Use Add Additional Item to attach the item again
  5. Transact the partial check payment


The amounts cancel each other out so it does not affect the categories. 

There is no longer a check to be included in the deposit.

The Closeout is unbalanced because the actual cash amount was not entered in the 'Cash in Drawer' during the closeout.