How do I deal with a "credit" invoice?
Split the category entry to record full amount of invoice and enter a second category to record "credit" amount of the invoice. The "credit" amount of the invoice should be entered as a "negative" amount.
From Main Menu > Expense Activities > Issue Checks - Disbursements
- Complete entire check form
- Select required category
- NOTE: Enter the full amount of the invoice, i.e. $50.00 in the Amount field
- Click Insert Row icon
- Select required category to record the "credit" portion of the invoice
- Tab to Amount field
- Enter the "credit" amount as a “negative” value, i.e. -$25.00
- Enter a reason for the credit in the Reason field
- Click Save