SchoolCash – Public Items in the Register
KEV Group is excited to announce that public items will now be available for purchase in SchoolCash Register (SCR) as an alternative solution to online payments.
This functionality allows schools to sell public/inactive/unlisted items through the SCR to buyers who are not students.
*All other functionalities will remain the same unless changes are mentioned in this document.
Feature availability - week of January 25, 2021 release deployment.
Accessing Public Items on SchoolCash Register
The search pop-up in the SchoolCash Register now includes a link at the bottom right corner called “Checkout Public Items”. By clicking the link, users will be redirected to the public items’ checkout page.
*Student attachments and public items checkouts cannot be completed within the same checkout.
Checkout Public Items Page
The new Public Items page provides the same look and feel as the current SchoolCash Register with a few changes explained below.
Add additional item: By clicking the link, users can add a new item to the current checkout list.
*The public items checkout page has been designed to hold items on the screen until refreshed or items are manually removed. This will allow users to process faster checkouts for the same item/s.
Checkboxes: For Public items, users must use checkboxes to indicate which items they are paying for.
- If an item is unchecked, it will not be included in the checkout and the balance (in the balance column) will be converted to 0.
Item Name: When clicked, the drop-down list will include all public and unlisted items, whether they are active or expired for the school.
New Hamburger Icon : When clicked, it provides a pop-up with the item’s description and the options and choices available.
A red asterisk symbol is displayed with this icon , when there are required options and choices that must be completed.
Quantity: For items created with Limit Quantity > 1 in SchoolCash Catalog, users can change the purchase quantity.
Cost: Displays the final item cost including quantities, options and choices.
Waived: Input field that allows users to waive a specific amount from the total cost of the item.
Balance: Displays the total amount owed by the buyer.
Comment: Users can input an optional comment.
- Maximum of 500 characters.
- Comment displays on the receipt.
New Bin Icon : By clicking the icon, users can remove an item from the checkout list.
Users can accept payments from the buyers in the form of cash, check or credit card by clicking on the checkout buttons at the bottom of the page.
Note: The Credit Card button is used the same way the district is using it in SchoolCash Register and would be used if client has a Clover device.
Name/Last Name fields: Optional field to record the buyer’s first and last name.
Email field: Field to record and send the receipt via email.
- Required field when Email Receipt has been selected.
Users can select one the following methods of receipt deliveries.
- No Receipt: Buyer does not require a receipt.
- Print Receipt: A copy of the receipt becomes available once the payment has been confirmed.
- Email Receipt: A copy of the receipt can be emailed once the payment has been confirmed.
To access the refund page for public items, users must access the public items checkout page first and click on the Refunds tab.
Users can search for items by:
- Email: All public items purchased in SchoolCash Register associated with the email address will be displayed on the screen.
- Receipt number: All items included on the receipt will be displayed on the screen.
- Purchase date: All public items purchases made on the selected date will be displayed on the screen.
*Only items purchased within 365 days will be displayed for refunds.
Name: Displays the item name.
Purchase Date: Displays the purchase date.
Payment: Displays the total amount paid.
Tender: Displays the payment method used.
Available for Refund: Displays the total refundable amount.
- This amount subtracts any previous partial refunds to prevent duplication.
Refund: Input field to indicate the amount to be refunded.
Once the refund amount has been entered, the user can select the method of refund by clicking on the Cash/Check/Credit Card buttons located at the bottom right corner for the screen.