Disclaimer: Not all districts have this functionality activated.
If the district opts to halt any further purchases for the student when a payment rejection is received, how does the program and school handle the online rejected payment?
If the district opts to halt any further purchases for the student, when an online payment is rejected (usually for eCheck payments):
- A Lockdown is initiated for the Student, with the rejected item payment. The item is again made available to the parent for repayment.
The Student Account is Locked, no further payments can be made for any other items, until the item with the rejected payment is repaid.
- A banner appears on the parent site to notify the parent who made the payment that their payment was rejected.
- Parent receives an email.
Other parents attached to the student will not be informed of this rejected payment.
ONLINE REPAYMENT INFORMATION
- If the parent who has been informed of the rejection (with the banner) logs into the parent site, the parent has the option to:
- 'Click here' which will take them to the rejected item to try again to make the payment with the previous account details, or
- change their account information (possible they entered incorrect account information)
REPAYMENT IS PAID AT SCHOOL
When it comes to rejections paid at the school, it is up to the school/district as to how it is handled.
- If payment is not required, they can go into the SchoolCash Register and VOID the item from the student. See Payment Explanation - Void or Delete
- The school can also Waive the fee. Waive a Fee Payment - How to
- If a parent comes to the school to pay, the school user can record the payment in the SchoolCash Register.
- If the parent has paid at the school, but it was not recorded in the SchoolCash Register and payment was part of a previous deposit, the school user should record the payment in the SchoolCash Register using the credit card tender.
This action does not affect the closeout or deposit amount. It just updates the student's record.
All four methods will UNLOCK THE STUDENT ACCOUNT as well as remove the banner from the parent who had been informed of their payment rejection, allowing access to payment.